Sunday, February 12, 2012

Of One, Two and Even Three

Hello dear friends, I hope you had a great weekend! Ours was - strange, I think is the only way to put it. Emily's daytime routine - the routine we can more or less rely on to base our plans around - completely changed and has not yet settled. Her naps reduced to nothing, she'd then fall asleep in the car at a time we completely weren't expecting, to then have to wake her up after a few minutes and find that she's full of energy and nowhere close to going back to sleep. Confusing all round. I am planning a quiet day tomorrow in an attempt to get a clearer idea of what she needs at the moment.

To start off with, here's a random family photo:




Our week began with her first snow. It was lovely watching her take it all in. I wish I'd captured it on video, but sometimes life just needs to happen. There are times I think I'm too busy taking pictures and video of her doing things and I end up missing the good stuff that I was attempting to capture. I do this because I know that in years to come, I'll want to relive it all, to try and feel the wonder again. But other times I find I just need to accept that some things just need to be enjoyed now. No picture can capture that wonder, but in my head it can live on forever.

'Emily in the Snow' pictures here.



Her hair is finally long enough! Isn't this the most adorable pigtail you've ever seen?!!




Emily has learnt quite a few new signs this week. She now signs "sleep" to tell me she wants to sleep (not that we've seen much of this lately lol), she can also sign "dirty nappy", "carefully" and "clean" (these last three we use within a song while we're changing her nappy and she LOVES it). She also tries to say "carefully" as she makes the sign. Why she'd choose the longest word of the lot to try and say is beyond me, but I'm not complaining, it's adorable!

We are getting somewhere with numbers!! This was entirely unexpected. It started when my mum reminded me of the way I used to count to three when I was little - "two, tee, two, tee" - and we began telling Emily "one, two, three"

On the first day, she'd say "tee" after I've said "one, two, three"

The next day, if I said "one, two", she'd then say "tee"

And the day after that, if she was in the mood, she'd even say "two" (but not "tee" as well!)

We haven't had any attempts at "one" yet!


Here she is saying "hello". It's far clearer now, this was taken on the 5th...





She's begun singing. She's always been very aware of music and now it is becoming so clear. She has certain favourite songs (Jar of Hearts and Move Like Jagger to name two) that she'll stop doing whatever she's doing to listen to. Even drinking her milk!

I don't remember what song it was, it may have been one of her toys, that she was clearly trying to sing along to a few days ago. We realised she was singing because there were a couple of notes that she hit perfectly. David and I looked at each other in utter disbelief.

The other day, she was playing quietly and singing "happy, happy, happy" to herself. It was the most precious thing.



It was the last of the NCT first birthday parties last weekend!


That's Robin, the birthday boy, and Emily playing with (fighting over?) a balloon.

The babies are all 1 now!

These babies:
!!!!!
(that was Feb 2011)



Playing with her blocks...





Do any of you remember me putting Emily down for her naps on our leather beanbag pouffe? She was tiny enough (& swaddled enough!) to fit on it with no risk of rolling off back then.


Well this is her terrorising the pouffe now!




She loves her cheerios for breakfast.


But sometimes we have toast. She's on a huge bread binge at the moment. She's become really good with little sandwiches. She has them with cream cheese, or smooth peanut butter, or pear & apple spread. In the morning we have toast with coconut oil. We're healthy, us.



Hats really suit her. I love this one she has at the moment, so trendy.


Even Daddy's beanie looks good on her!


(Have you noticed my thing about dungarees yet?)



I had to share some more self-portraits of the little madam that I found on my phone. I knew she had taken the first one - but the second, pink one... I had no clue about until I was looking through my phone for pictures I wanted to use in this post!



I *think* that's her muslin cloth she got a close-up of.

She can make me smile even long after I've put her to sleep :) xoxo

1 comment:

  1. She's one clever girl! R loves the Jagger song too...we all do actually!

    ReplyDelete