Sunday, March 11, 2012

Of Many Mini Photo Shoots

I'll do things a little differently this week as I've had my camera out a lot so I shall let you enjoy lots of photos. (No, believe it or not, they're not all on facebook!!)





















Even more here!


You might notice that her hairstyle changes somewhere in those photos. That is because I thought cutting her floppy fringe (which kept getting in her eyes) would be a good idea. It wasn't, but I think it *could* have been worse. Still, I will not be getting anywhere near her hair with scissors again. And that is a promise.



In other news, Emily has begun climbing stairs this week. She watched Gabriella do it once and then decided it was worth a try. On Saturday she climbed the entire first flight of stairs before bedtime. I had to hold back tears watching my little baby - and her podgy little legs - take herself up the stairs on her own!

She also knows how to hold her balance well enough to stand up without support. I know this because i keep letting her go and making her do it. However she is obviously not mentally prepared for it as she smply refuses to do it alone and gets quite angry with me when I keep tricking her into it - to the extent that if she now thinks I'm going to try it, she'll just sit down! So no more of that, she needs to be able to trust me. She'll stand up when she's ready to.

She is talking a lot, saying "Hi" or "Hello" to everything and everyone, "Dada" is now really clear and you can tell she is very intently listening to key words and then practicing saying the sounds. We also think she's said "Gabriella" a few times. Says a lot about her feelings about her cousin! :)

Speaking of them two, they have finally begun properly playing together. Even communicating, in their own funny way. They were making each other laugh the other day. No idea what they were saying, of course, but it sure as hell was funny!!


Photobucket

And Emily's appetite? OMG exploded lately!


...and that was just her first helping! ;)

1 comment: